Month: August 2011

St. Philip Neri, Bedford Park

See page 230 for the 1898 creation of the parish of St Philip Neri in Bedford Park to care for Italian laborers constructing a nearby reservoir. The church is located on the west side of the Grand Concourse at East 202nd St., a few steps north of Bedford Park Blvd. The rectory address is 3025 […]

St. Mary Star of the Sea, City Island

On August 1, 2015, this parish was merged with that of Our Lady of the Assumption, Mahan Avenue, Pelham Bay.  Mass will continue to be offered at both churches, but it seems that the priests will live only at Our Lady of the Assumption, which will also have the records of both parishes. Clicking on […]